• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Trip to the ER

Enlitx

Bluelighter
As the title implies, I went to the ER yesterday. At approximately 4:00 A.M. I started getting a headache that just kept getting worse. The night before I had about three beers. I had taken 400 mg of tramadol throughout the day as prescribed, and I have been taking the tramadol for about a year.

My headache kept building until I was violently throwing up at around 6 A.M. I couldn't stand up, and I was sweating so much it drenched the bathroom floor. My wife took me to the emergency room, and I was throwing up the entire car ride there. When I got to the E.R. they said my heart rate was pretty low (30-35 B.P.M.) and my core body temperature was so low that their machine couldn't register it, it just kept coming up with the floor value. After spending the day in the hospital I seem to be fine, except that I feel weak and my head still hurts a little bit.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this because of tramadol, after a year of use with no issues? The E.R. doctor had no idea what caused it, he thought maybe a virus. I was just wondering if anyone else had an experience like this.

How often during the time you have been on Tramadol have you consumed alchohol? One of my ex-gf was on Tramadol and was warned by her doctor not too drink while on it.

A google search on Tramadol quickly found that overdose symptoms include shallow breathing, slow heartbeat and several others but no mention of the headache.

It is possible that it was too much Tram. That is what happens when you over do it. Just be more careful. But really it could have been anything.